WELCOME TO THE ONLINE HOME OF THE ALLIANCE HOT STOVE BASEBALL LEAGUE
FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW TO ALL OHSBL REGIONAL AND STATE TOURNAMENT BRACKETS!
Please note that an OHSBL rule change has altered the cut off date for age classification. It is now May 1st, where it had been June 1st. This may affect some previously rostered players. Please contact us with questions. Thanks!
1. Change Rule X1.D2 to remove EE, E and F (page 10 of 2018 Rule Book) to read ALL CLASSES, with an edit to the existing verbiage to give clarity. Charters will have the ability to monitor through language changes. This will allow teams in the same community, in all classes, to bring up younger player or players during regular season games to play if they cannot field 9 players. Players on an older Class roster could also play in a younger class if they are age eligible.
2. Institute a 15 run mercy rule after 4 innings for Classes F, EE, E and D. The 10 run mercy rule after 5 innings will remain in place.
The following rule book edits will take effect for the 2019 season:
1. Allow wood composite and bamboo bats for all classes
2. Modify Rile 1.10.4 to read “Taping on aluminum or wood bats may be solid or space taped…” In addition, the requirement for wood bats to be space taped will be removed.
3. Add Axe bats as legal for play as long as they meet all other Hot Stove bat requirements for length, weight and material.
4. Place a note under equipment section to allow the use of any safety equipment to include facemasks on defense. Also, C-flap attachments for batting helmets will be legal as long as they are properly installed and pose no safety risk due to improper installation.
These are the only rule changes made for 2018. There were no other changes made (such as bats, etc.) When in doubt, refer to the rule book!
Download the free SportsEngine app for Android and Apple devices, or follow us on the web with your PC or mobile browser! Once you create an account using only your email address and unique password, you'll be able to follow your team or league schedule, standings, or scores throughout the season. You can use the team ID that appears in the top right corner of each team's page to find them on the app or you can search for them by name. League officials will be able to make updates to the scores and standings with the touch of their screens! If you have any questions, please free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.