WELCOME TO THE ONLINE HOME OF THE ALLIANCE HOT STOVE BASEBALL LEAGUE
SEE BELOW FOR IMPORTANT DETAILS ABOUT SIGNING UP YOUR PLAYER OR TEAM FOR THE UPCOMING SEASON
Registrations for I though F will be open until March 1st..
Registrations for T-ball will be accepted until the last day of March and includes 4 year old players for the first time.
Registrations for E and EE will be accepted until April 20th.
FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW TO REGISTER YOUR PLAYER ONLINE!
ONLINE REGISTRATION HAS BEEN CORRECTED!
Thank you all for your patience!
We are being told that the online registration has been corrected to include the multiplayer discount and that the late fee is not being added, incorrectly. Please let us know if you experience any additional problems.
In person registrations have closed,
but the printable registration form can be printed (click the icon below) and would have been distributed to your player through the Alliance and Marlington Schools. It is also available if you would like to mail your submission to the address on the form.
You may also choose to drop your completed form with payment in the mail slot of the concession stand (at the rear of the park between ball fields) at Butler Rodman Park on State St.
If you have questions, please reach out to us.
For anyone who has questions regarding the upcoming season - particularly if you're new to Alliance or our program - here is a list of frequently asked questions and their answers that may help.
What to expect if you'd registered your team to play Hot Stove Baseball!
I League - ages 7/8 - Coach Pitch - $750/team/season
H League - ages 9/10 - $850/team/season
G League - ages 11/12 - $850/team/season
F League - ages 13/14 - $900/team/season
Team fees cover:
-league insurance (which can be carried to non-Hot Stove tournaments, in some cases)
-baseballs for an anticipated 16-18 game season
-umpire fees when games are played in Alliance (home games, or half of your scheduled games)
-eligibility to participate in an end-of-season tournament in June
-eligibility to participate in the prestigious and historic Ohio Stove Baseball League State Tournament
*This fee does not cover uniforms. Should you decide to participate fully in the hot stove program (with provided team sponsorship and uniforms provided - limited - you may choose to have your players sign up as individuals, indicating your name or team name on the form). *
**Please refer to the AHSBL Rules for additional details (see rule 6.12) or reach out to us with any questions.**
Please print the form from the link below and follow the instructions to register your team.
This survey will be used to construct the 2024 Class EE, E and D regular seasons. All surveys are due by 8:00 PM on May 1, 2024.
Please enter as much accurate information possible so that a schedule can be produced quickly.
The 2024 team fee for Classes EE and E is $500.00. Teams playing through Alliance will register individual players and the league pays the team fee to OHSBL. The Class D fee is $700 and is paid directly by the team to OHSBL, without the need for individual registrations.
Your initial roster, supporting documentation and fees will be due on May 21, 2024. Revised rosters will be due June 11, 2024.
The schedule will be produced from this survey! Each team is asked to only complete one survey. Any additional information should be sent to Pat Anderson once the survey is completed.
Classes EE, E and D will begin regular season play the week of May 27th and will play until the week of June 30. Tournament format will once again be double-elimination, all the way through the State Championship! The tournament will begin the weekend of July 6-7, but will be determined by the number of teams. The tournament will continue the weekend of July 13-14 and the State Championships the weekend of July 20-21.
There will be a mandatory manager meeting on Sunday, May 19, 2024 at 12:00 PM. Details will be sent to managers once released.
Tournament draw will be held on Sunday, June 30, 2024 at a time and location to be determined.
Each team must be represented at both the manager meeting and tournament draw.
If you have questions, please contact Pat Anderson, email@example.com, 216.225.8177.
IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW IS INTERESTED IN BECOMING AN UMPIRE FOR HOT STOVE BASEBALL, PLEASE COMPLETE THE ONLINE REGISTRATION BY FOLLOWING THE LINK. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, YOU MAY CONTACT OUR CHIEF UMPIRE, JASON NUTTER, AT 330-257-0935.
The following are new rules and rule modifications for 2024:
1. Class H base distance was changed to 65 feet. See Rule 1.1.A and Rule 1.1.C (in “blue” book.)
2. Courtesy Runner (CR) for the catcher was amended to allow player that will be the catcher the next inning is permitted to have a CR. See Rule 3.7.
3. Bench Restriction has been added as a penalty for misconduct. See Rule 4.6.E in the blue book and Rule 4.8.
4. An international tie breaker has been added. See Rule 4.10.B.1.
5. The time limit for Class EE, E and D were added to match Classes G and F (no new inning after 2 hours 15 minutes.) See Rule 4.10.E.2.
6. The protest fee has been increased to $200. See Rule 4.19 and Rule 11.12.E in the blue book.
7. Class I coach pitch rules have been changed to allow players to receive 5 pitches at most but are able to foul off the 5th and consecutive pitches. See Rule 10.3.C.1.
8. Class I coach pitch rules have been changed to a “three strikes and you’re out” rule. See Rule 10.3.C.2.
9. Rule10.2.R was removed; protests are now permitted in Class I.
10. Class I daily pitch limits have been updated to reflect days of rest required. Note that in Class I, pitchers may pitch either their daily pitch limit or 2 innings, whichever comes first. See Rule 8.10 and Rule 10.3.F.
11. This Rule Book (“the white book”) has been condensed to include the most common rules. Full text of all rules, policies and tournament rules can be found in the 2024-2025 OFFICAL RULES AND POLICIES booklet and is located under “Forms” on www.ohsbl.com. Managers are urged to become familiar with the full rules, policies and tournament rules that govern Ohio Hot Stove Baseball.
Additional rules changes (from recent years) are available for review on the coaches corner tab.
Download the free SportsEngine app for Android and Apple devices, or follow us on the web with your PC or mobile browser! Once you create an account using only your email address and unique password, you'll be able to follow your team or league schedule, standings, or scores throughout the season. You can use the team ID that appears in the top right corner of each team's page to find them on the app or you can search for them by name. League officials will be able to make updates to the scores and standings with the touch of their screens! If you have any questions, please free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.