WELCOME TO THE ONLINE HOME OF THE ALLIANCE HOT STOVE BASEBALL LEAGUE
On Sunday, April 2nd from 1-4pm at the American Legion Hall located at 141 W Main St, Alliance, we will host an umpire training that will prepare both experienced and new umpires for the upcoming season. Please complete the registration below to send our chief umpire your contact information.
IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW IS INTERESTED IN BECOMING AN UMPIRE FOR HOT STOVE BASEBALL, PLEASE COMPLETE THE ONLINE REGISTRATION BY FOLLOWING THE LINK. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, YOU MAY CONTACT OUR CHIEF UMPIRE, JASON NUTTER, AT 330-257-0935.
ATTENTION ALL COACHES, PLAYERS, AND FANS!
To ensure a successful season and positive experience and to gain the opportunity to play more teams within our local region,
Alliance Hot Stove Baseball League is joining with NEO Baseball for the Spring 2023 regular season for ages 7 through 14.
This transition will bring upon several changes, but some things will remain the same. Here are some key points:
1) Players and teams registered and rostered through AHSBL will remain a part of Alliance Hot Stove Baseball as we are joining NEO Baseball as a community within their recreational baseball program and will be governed by our rules for registration and formation.
2) We will use the playing rules of NEO Baseball for our regular season games, regardless of where the game is played. A link to the NEOBaseball rules is provided below. *Please note a significant difference in bat restrictions.* Ohio Hot Stove Rules will apply during the Regional and State Tournaments in July.
3) Home games will still be played in Alliance or Minerva (depending upon your team's location) as they have always been.
4) There will be additional paperwork and registration necessary for participation in NEO Baseball. Details will be communicated to team managers.
5) Scheduling of regular season games will be handled by team managers at a meeting that will take place on Sunday, 3/26. Details will be communicated to team managers.
6) Teams registered through AHSBL will still be covered by Ohio Hot Stove Insurance. There is no need to purchase insurance through NEO.
7) NEO has agreed to honor the OHSBL Background screening. There may be a need to phase this out, but if you are current, you do not need to complete a check through NEO. For this season, it is preferred that you do so through AHSBL. See the link in the coach's corner tab for details.
8) NEO Baseball is structured differently than AHSBL for age classification. Alliance Hot Stove will work to make a smooth transition to alignment by the 2024 season, to the best of our ability.
9) At this time, we do not anticipate that our T-ball league will be affected, but this is subject to change.
Please submit any questions that you might have to us in email at email@example.com or leave us a voicemail/send a text to 330-539-2255
FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW TO REGISTER YOUR PLAYER ONLINE!
Registrations for I though F have closed.
Registrations for T-ball will be accepted until the last day of March.
Registrations for E and EE will be accepted until April 20th.
The printable registration form is also available in case there are instances where special circumstances apply or you would like to mail your submission to the address on the form.
You may also choose to drop your completed form with payment in the mail slot of the concession stand (at the rear of the park between ball fields) at Butler Rodman Park on State St.
If you have questions, please reach out to us.
This survey will be used to construct the 2023 Class EE, E and D regular seasons. All surveys are due by 8:00 PM on May 1, 2023.
Please enter as much accurate information possible so that a schedule can be produced quickly.
The 2023 team fee for Classes EE and E is $400.00. The Class D fee is $600. Your initial roster, supporting documentation and fees will be due on May 21, 2023. Revised rosters will be due June 11, 2023.
The schedule will be produced from this survey! Each team is asked to only complete one survey. Any additional information should be sent to Pat Anderson once the survey is completed.
Classes EE, E and D will begin regular season play the week of May 29 and will play until the week of June 26. Tournament format will once again be double-elimination, all the way through the State Championship! The tournament will begin the weekend of July 1-2, but will be determined by the number of teams. The tournament will continue the weekend of July 8-9 and the State Championships the weekend of July 15-16.
There will be a mandatory manager meeting on Sunday, May 21, 2023 at 12:00 PM. Details will be sent to managers once released.
Tournament draw will be held on Sunday, June 25, 2023 at a time and location to be determined.
Each team must be represented at both the manager meeting and tournament draw.
If you have questions, please contact Pat Anderson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 216.225.8177.
*Please note that players/teams from Alliance Hot Stove Baseball will pay individual player registrations to AHSBL as we will cover your fees to OHSBL as well as umpire costs and uniforms.
Click on the link below to complete the survey:
For anyone who has questions regarding the upcoming season - particularly if you're new to Alliance or our program - here is a list of frequently asked questions and their answers that may help.
Click on this link to visit the official state web site for all of your league information needs.
The following are new rules for 2023:
The following are new rules and rule modifications for 2023:
1. Rule 1.10.3 was clarified to reflect that all -3 bats must have the BBCOR .050 stamp, while -4 and -5 bats do not require the BBCOR .050 stamp.
2. Previous Rule 1.16.1 was eliminated. Chin straps are no longer required at any age. NOTE: Local charter rules apply in “non-sanctioned” classes, like T-ball.
3. Rule 3.03.A.2 was amended to state that all substitutes must be entered by the top of the 3rd inning.
4. Rule 3.23 was added to allow the use of training aids (nets, tees, practice balls, etc.) at tournament sites, at the discretion of the site director.
5. Rule 4.7 ejection penalties were changed; Classes I through H carry a 4 game suspension, Classes G through D carry a 2 game suspension, both in addition to the ejected game.
6. Rule 4.10.5 was amended to include Class G in the 15 run mercy rule. The unplayed bottom of the 4th inning does not carry a substitution penalty as well.
7. Rule 4.10.7 added time limits for each Class for regular season games. No new inning after 2 hours of play for Classes I, HH and H; 2 hours 15 minutes for Classes G, F.
8. Rule 6.8.A was amended to allow defensive manager to issue an intentional base on balls at any time prior to, or during, the player’s at bat, without throwing a pitch.
9. Rule 7.13.C was added to state the ball is considered to be dead from the catcher to the pitcher on a throwback after a pitch not put in play and the existing criteria for logical conclusion of the play has been met.
10. Rule 8.10 was changed. Innings pitched for Classes I through E was removed. Replaced with pitch counts and mandatory rest.
11. Rule 10.3.B was clarified to define where the player in the pitcher position must stand.
12. Administrative policies and procedures as well as tournament rules have been moved to a new document, ADMINISTRATIVE AND TOURNAMENT RULES AND POLICIES” and is located under “Forms” on www.ohsbl.com.
All managers and coaches are urged to know this rule book. Managers are the only individuals in direct contact with the players, and are completely responsible for their behavior and knowledge of the rules. Managers must inform players of the rules; therefore, the manager must be totally responsible for informing and policing the players to maintain compliance with the Ohio Hot Stove Baseball Rules.
Additional rules changes (from recent years) are available for review on the coaches corner tab.
Download the free SportsEngine app for Android and Apple devices, or follow us on the web with your PC or mobile browser! Once you create an account using only your email address and unique password, you'll be able to follow your team or league schedule, standings, or scores throughout the season. You can use the team ID that appears in the top right corner of each team's page to find them on the app or you can search for them by name. League officials will be able to make updates to the scores and standings with the touch of their screens! If you have any questions, please free to write to us at email@example.com.