WELCOME TO THE ONLINE HOME OF THE ALLIANCE HOT STOVE BASEBALL LEAGUE
The 2023 OHSBL State Semi-finals and Finals will be played this weekend, Saturday & Sunday, 7/15 and 7/16 at Butler Rodman Park. 30 teams from across the state will be vying for a State Championship in dozens of match-ups! Come on out to see some great baseball and to cheer for our local players!
Three Alliance teams have made it to the final four:
Alliance Aces - Class H (10u)
American Legion Post 166 - Class EE (16u)
Cantell Elks Lodge 1417 - Class E (18u)
The tournament brackets for state championships are linked below. Where possible, results will be updated within 30 minutes of game completion. In all other cases, they will be updated later in the evening the day the games are played. Good luck to all participants!
For most bracket game pairings, the scheduled date, time and field is a link to an on-line map for the field. The on-line map can be used to obtain driving directions from your address to the field location.
IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW IS INTERESTED IN BECOMING AN UMPIRE FOR HOT STOVE BASEBALL, PLEASE COMPLETE THE ONLINE REGISTRATION BY FOLLOWING THE LINK. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, YOU MAY CONTACT OUR CHIEF UMPIRE, JASON NUTTER, AT 330-257-0935.
The following are new rules for 2023:
The following are new rules and rule modifications for 2023:
1. Rule 1.10.3 was clarified to reflect that all -3 bats must have the BBCOR .050 stamp, while -4 and -5 bats do not require the BBCOR .050 stamp.
2. Previous Rule 1.16.1 was eliminated. Chin straps are no longer required at any age. NOTE: Local charter rules apply in “non-sanctioned” classes, like T-ball.
3. Rule 3.03.A.2 was amended to state that all substitutes must be entered by the top of the 3rd inning.
4. Rule 3.23 was added to allow the use of training aids (nets, tees, practice balls, etc.) at tournament sites, at the discretion of the site director.
5. Rule 4.7 ejection penalties were changed; Classes I through H carry a 4 game suspension, Classes G through D carry a 2 game suspension, both in addition to the ejected game.
6. Rule 4.10.5 was amended to include Class G in the 15 run mercy rule. The unplayed bottom of the 4th inning does not carry a substitution penalty as well.
7. Rule 4.10.7 added time limits for each Class for regular season games. No new inning after 2 hours of play for Classes I, HH and H; 2 hours 15 minutes for Classes G, F.
8. Rule 6.8.A was amended to allow defensive manager to issue an intentional base on balls at any time prior to, or during, the player’s at bat, without throwing a pitch.
9. Rule 7.13.C was added to state the ball is considered to be dead from the catcher to the pitcher on a throwback after a pitch not put in play and the existing criteria for logical conclusion of the play has been met.
10. Rule 8.10 was changed. Innings pitched for Classes I through E was removed. Replaced with pitch counts and mandatory rest.
11. Rule 10.3.B was clarified to define where the player in the pitcher position must stand.
12. Administrative policies and procedures as well as tournament rules have been moved to a new document, ADMINISTRATIVE AND TOURNAMENT RULES AND POLICIES” and is located under “Forms” on www.ohsbl.com.
All managers and coaches are urged to know this rule book. Managers are the only individuals in direct contact with the players, and are completely responsible for their behavior and knowledge of the rules. Managers must inform players of the rules; therefore, the manager must be totally responsible for informing and policing the players to maintain compliance with the Ohio Hot Stove Baseball Rules.
Additional rules changes (from recent years) are available for review on the coaches corner tab.
Download the free SportsEngine app for Android and Apple devices, or follow us on the web with your PC or mobile browser! Once you create an account using only your email address and unique password, you'll be able to follow your team or league schedule, standings, or scores throughout the season. You can use the team ID that appears in the top right corner of each team's page to find them on the app or you can search for them by name. League officials will be able to make updates to the scores and standings with the touch of their screens! If you have any questions, please free to write to us at email@example.com.